Sunday, September 8, 2013

Classic Green Smoothie

The green smoothie movement has taken over!  By now everyone's either heard of green smoothies or drink them regularly.  I love seeing parents feed their babies, toddlers and kids green smoothies with great success too!  I'm still working on my littlest Veggie Kid, Jett.  He is the only family member that refuses to try it.  The rest of my family's favorite green smoothie changes from time to time but this is a basic recipe that most everyone I feed it to loves.  


Classic Green Smoothie
serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 frozen banana
1 (1/2" thick) piece of raw ginger
1 whole lemon, peeled
2 handfuls fresh spinach (or try kale or romaine)
1 C. almond milk, vanilla
small handful ice cubes

Directions:
Throw everything in a high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until completely smooth.  Add more or less milk for your desired consistency.  


There's nothing like starting your week with an awesome green smoothie!  I love drinking this to get me back on track after a weekend full of too much indulging.  Gets ya right back on track!
And I love this book that I did a review on recently.  

WANT MORE VEGGIE KIDS?
Follow Veggie Kids on Instagram,



2 comments:

  1. Is this your own mix? It interests me that there's ginger in it. I know very few people who like it the way I do, or at least can bear to eat pieces of it in a dish. I will definitely try this! :] Joseph@Fresh and Healthy Brands

    ReplyDelete