Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pumpkin Quesadillas

This is one of my new favorite snacks ever!  My friend (you know who you are!) bought these at a local grocery store in the "vegan" section and served them to my son who loved them.  I tried a taste and was sold!  I knew I had to recreate it ASAP.  Who knew pumpkin could be so darn versatile?  These Pumpkin Quesadillas are the perfect substitute for cheese quesadillas.  I plan on making these for an upcoming party! 


Pumpkin Quesadillas
makes 1 quesadilla

Ingredients:
2 tsp. coconut oil, divided
1/2 C. diced yellow or white onion
2/3 C. pureed pumpkin
pinch of sea salt
2 flour tortillas (or use whole grain if you prefer)


Directions:
1.  Heat 1 tsp. oil over low-medium heat in a medium saute pan.  Cook the onions until translucent, or for about 5 minutes.

2.  Stir together pumpkin puree and cooked onions.  Evenly spread pumpkin puree onto one tortilla.  Place the other tortilla on top.

3.  Heat the additional 1 tsp. of oil in that same saute pan and cook the tortilla until crispy on one side, then carefully flip and cook the other side.  Remove from heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes before slicing into wedges.



Please vote for "The Boy Who Loved Broccoli" to get onto the shelves of Walmart by voting every day until Sept. 2nd!  I would love to spread the veggie love to the customers of Walmart!!


Check out my brand new YouTube Channel: HALF VEGAN!  It's a vlog about our daily lives raising 3 kids in Silicon Valley as a half-vegan family.  


STAY CONNECTED!
Follow Veggie Kids on Instagram,





No comments:

Post a Comment