Saturday, March 9, 2013

Painted Rocks And Sticks Craft Project

No food this time.  Just art.
I have this spot on our mantle that was begging for some color so I put my boys to work on a fun craft project.  We gathered sticks and rocks from the park and our backyard to paint and got to work. The three of them had so much fun adding bright colors to the things they found outside! I get happy when I walk by it because it reminds me of the time we spent together creating it.  Plus, there's nothing like an almost free (except the cost of paint) art project!




This project require zero art skills!  Just get into the flow of painting.




Wouldn't this make a cool gift too?  

I think we'll paint more rocks to fill it up to the top.  
I'd love to have a bigger vase too but this is what I had on hand.  

Enjoy your weekend!

SIGN UP!
Be sure to Subscribe to the Veggie Kids Mailing List!  You'll receive a newsletter filled with healthy eating tips, recipes and inspiration to help you and your family eat better.  

ADVERTISE!
I also still have some spots open for April if you want your product, business, service or blog to be featured on VK!  Check out the details here.

FOLLOW!
Follow Veggie Kids on Instagram,

4 comments:

  1. I remember painting rocks when I was little. That's such a good idea putting them in a vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun for me too..heehee. The trick is though to use neon colors FYI. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great idea. The boys did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete