Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

I don't know if I'm happy or sad about this crazy good RAW dessert recipe.  I mean, talk about rich and satisfying-so easy to go overboard on these babies! The best part?  It's quick and easy!  No one will care that it's raw vegan food.  
Oh, and you can use other nuts besides cashews if you prefer.  
I tried it with walnuts too and it was so good!  
Warning: these are addictive.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
makes 8-10 golf ball sized cookie balls

2/3 C. raw cashews (or try walnuts)
1/3 C. regular oats (not quick oats)
3 Tb. raw agave nectar (or use pure maple syrup)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 C. vegan chocolate chips (to make it truly raw, use raw cacao chips or nibs)

Process cashews and oats until well mixed, using a VitaMix or food processor  
Add agave and vanilla and process further until dough forms (it will form a clump-only takes about 25 seconds!)

Remove from VitaMix or food processor.

Add chocolate chips or cacao nibs and stir until incorporated.

Form golf ball sized balls.

Note: You may need to wet your hands to keep them from sticking. 

If my kids weren't sleeping while I made these cookie dough balls, it would all be gone by now!  I'm going to see if I can make what's left last until tomorrow....not sure about that though!

Pour yourself a cold glass of almond or rice milk to go with it and you'll feel like a kid again too!



Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to Veggie Kids!  
look for this on the right side of the VK home page

You can also connect 
with me on Twitter or Facebook too!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds like some delicious little bite sized treats. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookie dough up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made a couple of batches of these to take to a BBQ...these are amazing. Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe. Kids would definitely love it.

    ReplyDelete